Give or Take and Repair Cafe Boscombe May
- BH1 4HD, Churchill Gardens, Topspot, Walpole Road
- Saturday 6th May 2017 (11:00-13:00)
The Give or Take Day and Bournemouth Repair Cafe are two separate events being run together.
Give or Take Days are like jumble sales, but everything’s free. It doesn’t cost anything to donate your unwanted items. You can take home anything you want – for free. You don’t have to donate anything in order to take something home.
Good things to give at our Give or Take Days:
- Furniture (no foam)
- DVDs and CDs
- Gardenware and tools
- Clothes and reusable material e.g. sheets, curtains.
- Toys, bicycles & books
- Kitchenware & other household items
- Bric-a-brac & electrical items
- Foam furniture (sofas, chairs, mattresses, pillows)
- Hazardous or toxic materials (paint)
- Gas appliances
- Broken or damaged items
- Tools that require safety equipment to operate
- White Goods, TVs
What do you do with a broken toaster? Or with a bike when the wheels come off? Or with a jumper full of moth holes? Toss it? No way!
At our Repair Café events you can bring along your broken items from home and various 'fixers' will be available to help make any possible repairs free of charge. Tools and materials will also be on hand. Toasters, clothes, bikes, toys, crockery... anything that is broken is welcome.
By promoting repair, Transition Bournemouth & Recycle for Bournemouth want to help reduce mountains of waste.