Sat 25 Feb (day 1) & Sat 4 Mar (day 2) - 09:00 - 13:00
Our Level 1 and 2 Bikeability training course for children aged 10 to 15 years prepares them for independent cycling on the road.
We use the national cycle training scheme Bikeability in Bournemouth which is managed by our Road Safety team. Bikeability is the modern day cycling proficiency.
The free sessions take place at Kings Park Cycle Centre and each course takes two consecutive course dates to complete. Our instructors are all fully qualified to the national standard and are DBS checked.
Who can join a session
- Children aged between 10 and 15 years old.
- Children that can ride a bike one handed in order to indicate and look over their shoulder.
- Children who have their own bike and helmet and have permission from a parent/carer to take part.
- Children who live or go to school in Bournemouth.
What they learn
The Bikeability course in Bournemouth combines Levels 1 and 2.
- Level 1 helps riders to control their bicycle and starts to make them aware of safety issues and bike maintenance.
- Level 2 takes the children out onto the road to teach them how to cycle as safely as possible in real life situations.
To book a course
Please email email@example.com with the following details:-
- Parent/guardian's full name
- Child’s full name
- Age of child
- Year group
- Mobile (for emergencies)